Moving in Checklist
By Laura Whittle on August 20th, 2018
More posts like this:Uncategorised
Moving into student accommodation is very exciting with plenty of new experiences to look forward to! If you’re wondering what you need to prepare for a super smooth and stress-free move in, here’s a handy checklist to make sure you’ve got everything covered….
1. Make sure that you have formally accepted your offer by logging into your Downing Students account
2. Ensure you have sent back all the relevant documents including guarantor forms where applicable ahead of move-in day
3. Make sure you have paid your first rent instalment
4. Complete your online induction
5. Keep an eye on your emails so you don’t miss any important information
6. Print your key collection pass, check the contact details are correct and amend if not
7. Join your accommodation Facebook group to locate your flatmates prior to move in day
8. Order your kitchen and bedding packs with UniKitOut (use promo code: DOWNING18 to receive 10% off).
1. Make sure you have got your key collection pass to collect your keys/fob
2. Bring some valid ID with you
3. Know of the local carparks you can move your vehicle to once you have finished unloading
4. Complete your inventory
5. Go for a walk around your new accommodation and familiarise yourself with where the laundry room, common room, bike stores, bin stores and other facilities are located
6. Make an account with Glide and set up your Wi-Fi
7. Explore the local area so that you know where to find the local shops, bus station, train station and places to eat and drink
8. Get to know your flatmates and people living in rooms near to you
We look forward to welcoming you to your new student accommodation in September!