So, you want to know why I chose to live at Downing Students’ New...
Just a short walk to Coventry University and all the shops and nightlife, you can experience the best Coventry has to offer living at City Village. As part of the Belgrade Plaza development, you have direct access to Pizza Express, Café Rouge, Bella Italia, and Belgrade Theatre all on your doorstep.
Just 20 minutes from Warwick University, City Village is the ideal location for any student who wants to live in the city centre.
- This Property
- Other Properties
- Points of interest
City Village address:Bond Street, Coventry CV1 4FQ
Unable to visit our show flat at City Village? Take our virtual reality tour to see the kind of room you could be living in this September!
Get superfast internet connection speeds throughout the building.
Enjoy a good night’s sleep in a large, comfortable bed.
No unexpected costs – rent covers water, light and heat.
Secure entry systems, CCTV and a well trained team offering support 24/7.
Insurance on your belongings comes included with your rent.
A great social space for you to relax and make new friends.
Free to use on-site printer
Find the day-to-day facilities you need housed within the building.
Keep your bike safe and secure with our onsite storage facility.
Free access to our on-site gym.
Study with other residents or book the private space to work in a group.
Relax in front of your own personal Smart TV with Bluetooth technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
All FAQs for this property are listed below.
What if I fail my end of year exams/A Levels and the University does not offer me a place for September?
If you provide written evidence from the University, within SEVEN days of your results being published and no later than 1st September (which ever date is the sooner), that you do not have a place we will release you from the contract without penalty and refund the deposit paid. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Only full time students can live with Downing Students. You may be asked to provide proof of your student status and it is very important that you notify us immediately if this changes.
Provided, you have NOT collected the keys, and that you have evidence in writing that your application has been refused we will release you from the tenancy and refund the deposit. If the Tenancy has already commenced, and you have NOT collected your keys, you will be charged for the period from the ‘Tenancy Start Date’ to the date you provide us with evidence that you have not been granted a VISA If you have moved into the accommodation prior to your Visa application being declined you will be responsible for the rent until we can find a student to rent your room.
Yes, all our accommodation has ample storage for bicycles.
Unfortunately there is no car parking available on site.
Yes, you will need a TV Licence. Anyone in the UK watching or recording television as it’s being broadcast or simulcast on any device – including mobiles, laptops and PCs – must, by law, be covered by a valid TV licence. Buying a TV Licence is your own responsibility and is not included in your rent.
Contents insurance is free and is provided by Endsleigh Insurance. You can take a look at the policy terms and conditions and find out what’s covered here. Any enquiries about contents insurance must be directed to Endsleigh on 0330 3030 280.
Superfast Internet (and WIFI) is included in your rent. In the unlikely event it’s not fast enough you can upgrade.
This is usually given to you when you enrol at University, or you can apply to your Students Services/Registrations office.
As you look forward to moving into City Village you will probably want to find out who you are living with in your apartment or get to know other students in the building. Downing Students has private Facebook groups to help you. Please like our Downing Students Facebook page to be updated when the group is open.
At City Village there are a number of Studios available for double occupancy at an additional charge of £250.
Children cannot stay over or live in the property.
Sorry, no pets are allowed.
All our Studios and Ensuite Rooms will be furnished but bedding and personal linen (sheets, duvets, pillows, towels etc.) is not provided. ‘Double’ size bedding is suitable for beds in all Studios and Standard Ensuites. Beds measure approx. 120 x 190cm or 135cm x 190cm.
In a shared apartment there is a TV in the lounge area and all Studios have Smart TV.
All kitchens include microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and freezer. Irons, ironing boards and vacuum cleaners are available. Kitchen utensils (crockery, cutlery, pans, etc.) are not provided.
You will not be allowed to bring your own fridges, tumble dryers, portable heaters or other large electrical appliances. Chip pans and deep fat fryers are forbidden, as is the use of candles.
You can order kitchen and bedding packs online to be delivered direct to your accommodation. Visit UniKitOut.com where you’ll be able to order from a range of essentials packs to suite your needs. The range of packs include bedding, linen, towels, cooking equipment, crockery, cleaning and stationery. You will need to allow time for delivery so place your order as soon as possible!
Remember to use discount code ‘DOWNING19′ at checkout to receive 10% off your order.
Note: Double bedding is suitable for all 3/4 beds. You can find your specific bedding measurements in the FAQ section ‘What do I need to bring?’
You can move in on or after the ‘Tenancy Start Date’ as specified in your tenancy agreement. We will write to you near to the time with more information about collecting your keys and our Reception opening hours.
If you wish to terminate your tenancy, we must be notified in writing and you must complete our Re Let Form. You will remain responsible for the rent until a new tenant is found or until the end of the tenancy (whichever is sooner). We will aim to find a new tenant who is both acceptable to us and who is prepared to meet the financial and legal requirements of the tenancy agreement at the current prevailing rent. We can’t always guarantee finding another tenant, as obviously this becomes more difficult as the academic year progresses, however, you are able to suggest a replacement to us. Please note that you will also need to cover all administration charges incurred in reassigning the tenancy. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
You have to vacate your accommodation by 11am on the ‘Tenancy End Date’ as specified in your agreement. Anything left in your room after this time will be removed and disposed of.
- 1. An ‘Academic year’ covers the period 1st September to 31st August. Provided you haven’t collected the keys to the accommodation, you may be able to cancel your booking by writing or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject to the following terms:
- For bookings made before the 31st July for the next ‘academic year’ you may cancel your booking within 48 hours from the time of booking. If you chose to cancel your booking with Downing Students during the cancellation period we will retain £50 from the deposit paid in lieu of administration fees.
- For Bookings made between the 1st and 31st of August for the next academic year you will not be able to cancel.
- Bookings made in and for the current academic year may not be cancelled.
- In the instance where a deposit is paid and the offer of accommodation is declined i.e. the tenant fails to manually or digitally sign a Tenancy Agreement , we will retain £50 from the deposit in lieu of administration charges.
Subject to the cancellation periods stated above once you have signed your tenancy agreement you will be legally bound by the terms stipulated in your tenancy document.
2. Once the Cancellation Period has expired or if you have collected the keys for your accommodation you will be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement and will be liable to pay all the amounts due. You cannot terminate, or be released from your Tenancy, until such time another full time student has entered into an agreement, with Downing Students, to rent your room. Please note that a room can only be re let at the higher of the rent specified on the tenancy agreement and the current prevailing rent. This may not necessarily be the same as the rent specified on the outgoing tenant’s agreement. Any outstanding amounts on your account must be paid in full prior to the landlord agreeing to re let your room. You are not permitted to sub let your room; all rental agreements must be made through Downing Students. In order for Downing Students to re let your room you must complete a Re let form and administration charges will apply.
3. No Place No Pay: Provided you have not collected your keys the following will apply:- If your offer of a place at your preferred/current University/Higher Education Institution is withdrawn by the University/Higher Education Institution as a result of you not achieving their required entry grades or passing your end of year exams, you may be eligible to be released from this agreement. You may also be eligible to be released from this agreement if you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and you choose to go to a different University because you have exceeded your expected grades. To apply to be released from this agreement in the circumstances referred to above, you will need to supply us with a copy of:
a written rejection letter from your chosen university /college or UCAS or a screen shot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved; or
a copy of the proof of acceptance of your new university by UCAS adjustment.
These document(s) must be received by us within 7 calendar days from the date your results are published or by 1st September (which ever date is the sooner). Please email the documentation to email@example.com. On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund your deposit in full.
4. If you cannot get a VISA to study in the UK: Provided that you have NOT collected the keys, and you have evidence in writing that your application has been refused, we will release you from the tenancy and refund the deposit, provided that you send this evidence to us within 1 week of your notification.
If the Tenancy has already commenced, and you have NOT collected your keys, you will be charged for the period from the ‘Tenancy Start Date’ to the date you send us with evidence that you have not been granted a VISA, provided that we receive the evidence in writing within 1 week of your notification. If you have moved into the accommodation prior to your Visa application being declined you will be responsible for the rent until we can find a student to rent your room.
All Studios and Standard Ensuites are let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy and the length of the tenancy will be set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Yes, a Parent or legal Guardian resident in the UK must stand as Guarantor. The Guarantor is legally bound to pay any debts accrued during the tenancy if the tenant refuses to pay. Overseas Students who cannot provide a Guarantor please refer to the options provided on the payment tariff.
Don’t worry. By clicking on ‘Pay Now’ you are only submitting your details to the Card Processing Centre’s secure payment gateway. Payments will only be taken on the dates that have been specified.
If you need to change your card details please telephone +44 (0)151 707 4398 and ask for our Accounts department. You will need to allow at least 3 working days (i.e Monday to Friday) for any requested changes to be processed. Please ensure that you have all the relevant information to hand when calling.
Once you have signed for a room log on to the Downing Students Accommodation Hub to check your tenancy agreement for the due dates.
If you are thinking about renting from Downing Students please view the payment option and dates.
Rental is paid termly, in advance, by debit or credit card. Click here to view payment options. Tenancy agreements cannot be completed by the Landlord until your payment card details have been provided. This information is needed to complete your online booking and can be given by yourself or by your guarantor.
Students who can’t provide a Guarantor who permanently resides in the UK, are required to pay their rent in advance in August, October, December and February. Please see tariff for more details.
If you’re awaiting a student loan and can’t meet payments as scheduled you should contact us at least 48 hours (Monday to Friday) before the payment is due. You will be liable for all bank and administration charges incurred by the Landlord for failed payments and will be expected to reimburse the Landlord for these charges upon demand.
Unless otherwise stated, bedrooms are for single occupation only. Occasional overnight visitors will be allowed, at the discretion of the management, provided that no disturbance or inconvenience is caused to other occupants. You will be held fully responsible for the actions and behaviour of your visitors.
Downing Students accommodation in Coventry gives you a choice of student living options. From bronze, silver and gold studios or shared apartments. All accommodation benefits from all-inclusive services and utility bills, smart TV’s, large beds and plenty of storage. Take a break from study and relax in our excellent communal facilities featuring a cinema room complete with Playstation, games room and lots of comfortable seating.
Study in Coventry. Live in City Village.
Downing Student Life
Keep up to date with the latest student news with the Downing Student Blog. We’ve created this space for you to get the best advice about the things that matter most to you. Find up to date information on student news, student discounts and insider tips on your chosen student city. We’ve created this blog as your survival pack. It’s jam packed with all the essentials you’ll need during your time at University.