Student Essentials for a Long-Haul Flight
By Laura Whittle on July 2nd, 2018
More posts like this:Uncategorised
Long-haul flights can sometimes be uncomfortable and exhausting, which is the last thing you need before starting university or jetting off to celebrate your graduation. Follow our top tips and browse through these flight accessories that will help make your journey fly by – literally!
1. Keeping comfortable on your flight is essential to feeling as refreshed as possible when you arrive at your destination. Some airlines do offer free pillows/blankets; however, quality is not always guaranteed. We recommend using a neck rest such as the one below.
The Go Travel Ultimate Memory Pillow is available to purchase from Amazon from £24.99 and consists of firm memory foam, which is supportive and comfortable, meaning you won’t wake up with an aching neck!
2. If you’re prone to feeling the cold, you might want to layer up or bring a travel blanket with you. Aircraft temperatures are usually kept between 22°C and 24°C but bear in mind you won’t produce much body heat whilst seated for so long.
Get on board with your own blanket so you can wrap up warm when feeling the chill. Go Travel’s blanket costs £9.99 and is available to buy on Amazon. It’s soft, fleecy and can also be easily rolled or folded for quick and easy storage when you’re on the go.
3. Amenity kits like this from Flight001 save you the job of trying to pack all of the small yet necessary accessories for a long-haul flight.
This ‘Flight Pak’ is available for £34 and comes with everything you need, including an eye mask, two sets of earplugs, travel bottles, a dental kit and even a pen; which isn’t always on the list of things to pack yet nevertheless handy to have!
4. Zone out with a pair of JBL Reflect Aware Noise-Cancelling Headphones for just £35 at Currys. The current offer includes 3 months of free unlimited music with Deezer Premium+, which means you can sit back, relax and listen to all of your favourite songs.
5. Travelling shouldn’t stop you from using your everyday luxuries, as long as you stick to the security rules! The Travalo Perfume Pod is an award-winning system that allows you to carry 5ml of your favourite fragrance anywhere.
The pod has been designed with special self-regulating technology, is completely leak-proof and shatter-proof making it perfect for travelling. For only £4.99 on Fragrance Direct, it’s definitely worth the purchase!
6. Picture this. You’ve had a hectic day making sure you’ve packed everything, made it to the airport just in time and now you’re finally on your flight with hours to spare. You opt to pay for in-flight Wi-Fi so you can catch the last episode of a TV series that’s had you on the edge of your seat when all of a sudden, your iPad Air battery dies… #drama #nightmare.
Our top tip is to keep your gadgets alive with a portable power bank! You can find these at most electronic/tech retailers, but we suggest looking online first for the best deals and reviews. Check out this Aukey Power Bank for just £19.99 on Amazon which allows you to charge multiple devices at once!