University of LeedsLeeds LS2 9JT, UK
- This University
The University of Leeds is the fifth largest university in the UK with over 33,000 students choosing to study there. And this is backed up by its impressive collection of accolades:
- Ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 and on the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Named University of the Year 2017 in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Top 10 university in the UK for research power according to the most recent Research Excellence Framework
- Ranked in the top 100 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2019
- And it is five points above the national average for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018, with 88% of final year Leeds students stating they were satisfied or very satisfied with their course.
The University of Leeds was established as a higher education institution in 1904 when Edward VII awarded its charter. It has always stood by its key principle of inclusivity, providing education for everyone no matter what their faith, background or beliefs are and this ethos continues today as the university welcomes students from over 140 different countries.
With over 250 combinations of Joint Honours degrees of offer the University of Leeds has the widest selection of course choices in the UK and is ideal for those students who have not yet decided on a main area of study or who would like a more flexible approach to their learning.
There are 8 faculties within the University of Leeds:
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- Biological Sciences
- Education, Social Sciences and Law
- Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Medicine and Health
And although its strengths lie in the more traditional subjects the university does also teach some of the rarer, more specialist subjects such as Colour Chemistry, Fire Science, Nanotechnology and Aviation Technology with Pilot studies.
The city of Leeds has long been known for having a high population of students and as such is fully equipped with everything student life requires. Downing Student Accommodation offers you centrally located student accommodation in Leeds that will make the transition into your new student lifestyle as easy as possible, leaving you to enjoy all of the new adventures awaiting you in the next step of your education journey.
Distance from University of Leeds to Downing Student Accommodation in the area
|Walk – 9 minutes|
|Cycle – 4 minutes|
Properties close to University of Leeds
Downing Student Life
Keep up to date with the latest student news with the Downing Student Blog. We’ve created this space for you to get the best advice about the things that matter most to you. Find up to date information on student news, student discounts and insider tips on your chosen student city. We’ve created this blog as your survival pack. It’s jam packed with all the essentials you’ll need during your time at University.